12 Reasons to Unroll Your Yoga Mat
Here are 12 Reasons to Unroll Your Yoga Mat:
- Relieve Stress. Yoga utilizes many techniques that help to calm the nervous system and stimulate the body’s natural relaxation response, leading to a calmer you!
- Increase flexibility and mobility. A regular yoga practice counteracts stiffness and will keep you more mobile as you age.
- Build strength. Yoga is strength training. Yoga uses the weight of your body to build mass and strength. Yoga also helps increase bone density.
- Prevent injuries. In yoga, you learn to honor your body and to refine your body awareness. This translates into less incidences of injury.
- Erase aches and pains. A regular yoga practice has been proven to be a very successful treatment for those who suffer from back pain.
- Sleep better. A regular evening yoga routine has been shown to help people fall asleep faster and sleep longer.
- Counteract worry and the blues. Studies show that yoga can be a very effective treatment for individuals suffering from anxiety and depression.
- Lower blood pressure. Over time, yoga can lower your blood pressure and improve your cardiovascular health.
- Improve metabolism. Yoga boosts your metabolism and improves your digestion ,which can lead to weight loss.
- Breathe better. Breath is life! Yoga emphasizes proper breathing. Those who practice regularly have expanded lung capacity. Better breathing also improves immune function.
- Get to know yourself on a deeper level. Yoga is an invitation to step fully into your body, mind and heart. It is a wonderful journey of self-discovery!
- Gain a happier outlook on life. People who regularly practice yoga report feeling a greater sense of confidence in themselves and have a sunnier outlook on life.
My monthly online yoga membership is a great way to practice yoga regularly with a supportive and caring community. Monthly memberships start at $47/month. Drop in's and class packages are also available.
New to yoga? Not a problem. My all-level yoga classes are open to newcomers, experienced practitioners, and everyone in between. Instruction is offered to allow each practitioner to customize the class to fit their specific needs, level of comfort, and experience.